You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

3.19.2009

A Poem

Although I don't write that much poetry, something made me want to write this tonight. So I'd be curious to hear what you think.

Commencement Speech
by Mike Litzenberg

Please try to
Understand that saying everything happens for a
Reason may
Sound good, but it is
Utter bullshit.
In reality,
Things happen because they happen, and the prudent

Obligation is not to
Find the meaning, but to forge the meaning in your

Heart.
Always remember that
Power lives where you
Permit, and your sacred charge is to
Instill it where it makes life rich, but
Negate
Elsewhere.
Savor deeply all that gives strength, and use that
Strength to laugh at the absurdity in between.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very wise, and very powerful.

12:33

 

Post a Comment

<< Home