You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

8.24.2006

The City Tour and the Welcome Party

(If you are reading this on Facebook, come on over to http://gstringtheory.blogspot.com so you can see the videos.)

After a good half hour of sleep the night before between 1:30 and 2am, yesterday was the first day of school. Anthony, Jordan, David, Kirsten, and I walked to the train stop which we took to Dusseldorf's central train station from which we caught a bus to AIB or the Academy. It was here that we were reintroduced to the other LMU film students with whom we will be sharing the next four months.

Over the course of the morning we talked business, but then in the afternoon, with my will to be awake fading, we went on a walking tour of the harbor area immediately around the Academy and of Old Town.




These pictures are of the unlikely/odd buildings in the harbor:








Old Town is known as "the World's Longest Bar," and with good reason: the place was nothing but bars and restaurants and cafes. Like I said to nearly all my group members, I foresee many sloppy nights in the near future.



Finally, we finished the tour with a trip to the top of Dusseldorf Tower you may remember from the photos of the harbor. I, at this point being utterly exhausted, fell asleep on a table at the top.



The day ended with a dinner with all of the students' host families and the students during which I got nicely buzzed on two (of Germany's big) bottles of beer due to my tiredness. However, two bottles of beer did other things to Anthony (who really doesn't need anything to drink to act the fool)...



And btw, here's my first ever legally purchased beer, a Mike Milestone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home